Gun Rage is an old-school, fast-paced, side-scrolling, run and gun with 16-bit era graphics, heavily inspired by such classic series as Contra and Metal Slug, and pays homage to the greatest games of the genre.
Gun Rage is taking place in a distant future where players take on the role of a smuggler named Axel Gunn, who gets robbed and nearly killed on of the delivery missions. Axel sets out on a path of revenge to retrieve the stolen and to crush anyone who dared to mess with him, incurring the wrath of a mighty, menacing enemy. True, terrifying powers of which he could not imagine.
- Big variety of enemies.
Battle your way through hordes of deadly foes: armies of cyborg zombies, crazy cultists, giant mechas, abominable, heavily armed, huge monsters.
- Challenging, complex, multiphase boss fights.
- Retro 16-bit era graphics. All hand-drawn.
- Old-school hardcore.
- Vast arsenal. Use various types of weapons: blaster, rifle, shotgun, melee, spread gun, grenades, rocket launcher. Pick new guns and switch between them at any time.
- Fast-paced gameplay with a lot of explosions, gore and blood.
- Every level of the game has indiuvidual art design and atmosphere.
- Dark synthwave music.